PteroDactyle V tail
-------------------------------------Go to Japanese Page
VTR1 (13MB MPEG)
|Lipo 3cell 800mAh
|Total flight weight
||Castle Creations Berg Microstamp 4L 4Ch Micro Rx FM
||Castle Creations Micro Crystal Berg 52(72MHz)
||elevon (Hitec HS-45 Feather Premium High Speed/Torque Servo 2 pieces)
||Lipo 3-cell.800mAh (LightStorm)
||3CH (a motor, V tail: 2servo)
Original Pterodactyle did not fly by a lack of power with Lipo 2cell 7.4V. It
flew powerful by Lipo 3cell 11.6V. However, it was not able to be controlled
Then, I lengthened both feet of Pterodactyle in order to raise an elevon
But, I was not able to get good control of Pterodactyle due to reasons of the following
1) The tail assembly having entered in a slipstream of wing flapping,
2) A flutterring having risen in the tail (foot) by influence of wing flapping,
3)So wing conflicts in linkage of a hind leg,
the movement of a servo not being transmitted in a moving blade well.
Thus I improved it.
1) I turned hind legs into carbon pipes (diameter 5.5mm) and eliminated
flutter ring of tail(foot)
2) I removed linkage by a direct application of ruddavator (foot to a servo.
3) I changed it to V tail from Elevon.
4) I set the tail not to be in an after slipstream of flapping and almost
to be in wind of center of furesage
By the above-mentioned improvement, the control became good.
A flight of Pterodactyle was powerful, and it gets possible to fly in the
sky freely and agilely.
Shop where I purchased this Ornithopter OVIRC in France http://ovirc.free.fr
Maker : Hobby Technik in USA http://flappingflight.com/